High School Girls Golf
Other recent headlines from the Wisconsin high school girls golf scene
Martinez, who finished fourth at the 2016 WIAA Division 1 state meet, chose Loyola over interest from several other Missouri Valley and Mid-American Conference schools.
Wisconsin.Golf's No. 3-ranked girl in the Class of 2018 chooses the Missouri Valley Conference champion Bears over other schools from the conference.
The Wildcats junior becomes the second member of Wisconsin's Class of 2018 to make her college decision, joining South Dakota State-bound Mia Seeman of Milton.
The two schools, which finished 1-2 at the 2015 Fond du Lac sectional before the WIAA awarded Homestead a sectional in 2016, will be the teams to beat at Rolling Meadows GC this fall after the WIAA brings them back together.
In their essays for the award, Walzer wrote of dealing with the adversity of losing a share of the lead at the 2016 WIAA state tournament while Tremblay talked of leading hockey and golf teams that each had a unique chemistry to them.
Katie Warpinski, Green Bay Preble
The Galloping Ghosts senior joins six other nursing majors already on the roster at the NAIA school in La Crosse.
The Broncos senior turns down recruiting interest from UW-Whitewater, University of Sioux Falls to give the Lady Reds a second impact recruit in their 2017 class.
The junior at Kettle Moraine HS in Wales shoots her second straight 3-over-par 75 and -- at 6-over 150 -- wound up three shots behind Wolf, who made seven birdies in closing with a 1-under 71.
URBANA, Illinois -- There’s a Wolf chasing her, but Abby Cavaiani will take a one-stroke lead into Sunday's final round of the Mid-American Junior Golf Tour University of Illinois Open.
Baraboo | Beaver Dam | DeForest | Mount Horeb | Portage | Reedsburg | Waunakee
Edgewood (Madison) | Fort Atkinson | Milton | Monona Grove | Oregon | Stoughton | Watertown
Bonduel | Oconto | Seymour | Shawano | West De Pere | Xavier (Appleton)
Beloit Memorial | Janesville Craig | Janesville Parker | Madison East | Madison La Follette | Madison Memorial | Madison West | Middleton | Sun Prairie | Verona
Chippewa Falls/McDonell Central | Eau Claire Memorial | Eau Claire North | Hudson | Menomonie | Rice Lake | River Falls
Arrowhead (Hartland) | Catholic Memorial (Waukesha) | Kettle Moraine | Mukwonago | Muskego | Oconomowoc | Waukesha co-op
Eau Claire Regis/Altoona | Osseo-Fairchild | Stanley-Boyd
Arcadia | Black River Falls | Blair-Taylor | Cochrane-Fountain City | Gale-Ettrick-Trempeauleau | Westby/Viroqua
Ashwaubenon | Bay Port | De Pere | Green Bay co-op | Notre Dame (Green Bay) | Pulaski | Sheboygan North/South
Appleton East | Appleton North | Appleton West | Fond du Lac | Hortonville | Kaukauna | Kimberly | Neenah | Oshkosh North | Oshkosh West
Brookfield Central | Brookfield East | Divine Savior Holy Angels | Germantown | Hamilton (Sussex) | Menmonee Falls | Wauwatosa East/West
Barron | Chetek/Weyerhaeuser | Cumberland | Hayward | Ladysmith | Luck/Unity | Northwestern (Maple) | Spooner | Superior
Racine St. Catherine's | Racine Prairie School | Wisconsin Dells
Amery | Baldwin-Woodville | Colfax | Ellsworth | New Richmond | Osceola | Prescott | St. Croix Central | St. Croix Falls | Somerset |
Aquinas (La Crosse) | Holmen | La Crosse Central/Logan | Onalaska | Sparta | Tomah
Denmark | Fox Valley Lutheran (Appleton) | Freedom | Little Chute | Luxemburg-Casco | Marinette | Oconto Falls | Waupaca | Wrightstown
Cedarburg | Hartford | Homestead (Mequon) | Kewaskum/Campbellsport | Nicolet (Glendale) | Slinger | West Bend East/West | Whitefish Bay
Cambridge | Clinton | East Troy | Edgerton | Jefferson | Lakeside Lutheran | McFarland | Turner (Beloit)
Franklin | Kenosha Bradford/Reuther | Kenosha Indian Trail | Kenosha Tremper | Oak Creek | Racine Case | Racine Horlick | Racine Park
Badger (Lake Geneva) | Burlington | Delavan-Darien | Elkhorn | Union Grove | Waterford | Westosha Central/Shoreland Lutheran | Wilmot
Darlington | Lancaster | Prairie du Chien | Southwestern/Benton/Cuba City
D.C. Everst (Schofield) | Marshfield | Rhinelander | Stevens Point | Wisconsin Rapids
New Berlin West/Eisenhower | Pewaukee | Pius XI (Milwaukee) | St. Thomas More (Milwaukee)
WIAA tournament information
Girls golf photos
Images from the 2016 WIAA Division 1 Middleton girls golf sectional at Blackhawk CC in Madison. (Wisconsin.Golf photos / Jim Kelsh) Read more
Images from the 2016 WIAA Division 2 Wisconsin Dells sectional played October 3, 2016, at Trappers Turn GC in Wisconsin Dells. (Wisconsin.Golf photos / Rob Hernandez) Read more
- Mequon's Jordan Niebrugge, a 'top-10 talent in the world' according to his swing coach, is still a work in progress on the Web.com Tour
- Mequon's Rich Tock, Menomonie's Ben Walter, Galesville's Ryan Quinn join state's best in Wisconsin Golf Hall of Fame
- Talking.Golf (5/20/19): Gary & Rob talk U.S. Senior Women's Open, PGA Championship, Jordan Niebrugge & Dan Woltman on Web.com Tour, Charlie Danielson & John Langhoff on Mackenzie Tour
- A week at Pebble Beach awaits as Osceola's Charlie Danielson takes another big step in comeback from knee surgery by qualifying for U.S. Open in sectional playoff
- 2019 WIAA Division 1 regional boys golf preview: At long last, Hartland Arrowhead, Milwaukee Marquette aren't forced to shadow each other until they get to University Ridge
- 2019 WIAA Division 2 regional boys golf preview: Gilmore brothers driven to help two-time defending state champ Edgewood keep title in family as rest of state gains
- Spring Green: With peaceful backdrop that caters to 'the quiet people,' Springs Course, North Course at House on the Rock Resort continue to stand test of time
- Edgerton: A certain 2020 Ryder Cup captain was once toast of this Towne ... a country club you can (and should) try for yourself
- Lac Courte Oreilles tribe lands big one with purchase of Pete Dye-designed Big Fish GC in Hayward to add to casino, portfolio
- 2019 Wisconsin.Golf Yearbook: Drawing line with the sand, American Family Insurance Championship will test University Ridge bunker facelift
- 2019 Wisconsin.Golf Yearbook: Golf's massive rules overhaul will likely come with 'weird' transition for Wisconsin golfers