(StatePoint) Chances are, if youâ€™re contemplating a New Yearâ€™s resolution, shedding those extra pounds is at the top of your list, according to a Marist Poll.
(NewsUSA) - Despite their best efforts, most women have had the experience of frantically digging into the bottom of a large purse or handbag for an essential item such as eyeglasses, cellphone, keys, or passport. A separate case to corral these important possessions makes sense, especially …
(BPT) - No matter what you’re chasing or up against — goals, bargains, chores, deadlines, your kids, etc. — life can be crazy. There never seems to be enough time to check everything off your to-do list, especially if you’re always on the go. Here are some tips and tricks for keeping your sa…
(StatePoint) Heat tools, color processing and even the simple act of brushing, can cause hair to lose its strength. Indeed, eight out of 10 women in the U.S. experience some form of damaged hair, according to an IPSOS Brand Health Study. But there’s good news, say experts.
(StatePoint) Whether youâ€™re a sports enthusiast or a nature lover, you are likely going to be taking full advantage of the great fall weather by getting outdoors this season. Before heading out, consider the following tips to make the most of your time.
(StatePoint) For years, the general wisdom was that the only scientifically proven way to shed pounds and inches was to consume fewer calories than one burned each day. Unfortunately, that formula doesnâ€™t work for everybody. Why? Experts say that this is because successful weight loss is a…
(BPT) - As colder weather approaches, you may decide to store some of your summer clothes. However, when warmer temperatures roll around again, you might not find those shorts and tank tops exactly as you left them. Certain insects that feed on fabrics and textiles can leave your carefully s…
(BPT) - Each Sunday, millions cheer as their favorite NFL stars charge out of the tunnel and onto the field. For those players, the ultimate dream is a shot at one day becoming a Hall of Famer. This past July, one special father found himself with that title without ever having played in a s…
(BPT) - More research seems to contradict the oft-stated notion that we eat too much salt. The latest such study appeared in The Lancet medical journal. The study found that for the majority of people there is no health benefit from a low-salt diet and no harm from the average salt consumpti…
(BPT) - Life can get hectic. While it is easy to become overwhelmed with busy schedules and everyday challenges, it is important to carve out personal time for relaxation and renewal. The practice of self-care and personal wellness is becoming a trend on the rise.
(BPT) - Gone are the days of plumped-up puckers, ski-sloped noses, overfilled cheeks and wind-tunnel faces that were obviously “done.” Today, facial plastic surgery is about looking like the best version of yourself — refreshed, relaxed and natural.
(StatePoint) Parenthood is a demanding and busy job, particularly during back-to-school season. With lunches to pack, homework to check, projects to oversee and activities to drive the kids to and from, itâ€™s no wonder many parents find it challenging to squeeze in time for self-care.
(StatePoint) With summer, comes BBQs, beach days and dining out with family and friends. And if youâ€™re trying to lose weight or maintain your healthy lifestyle, a big part of being successful is having the freedom to enjoy the things you love and not feel deprived. Strike the right balance…
(StatePoint) Vacation season is here and itâ€™s no surprise that what you eat can have an impact on your weight. In a study from the University of Georgia, 61 percent of the participants gained weight while on vacation, with an average gain of 0.7 pounds. Some even gained up to 7 pounds.
(StatePoint) Summer means BBQs, beach time and swimsuits, but it could also mean a change in eating habits and not necessarily for the better. Many people work hard throughout the winter in hopes of losing weight before summer, but when summer arrives, they abandon their healthy lifestyle an…
(BPT) - If you have started to notice changes in your skin in your late 30s or early 40s, you’re not alone. This is when most people see their skin start to sag around the forehead and jowls, and some areas may look more sunken, such as around the eyes and cheek area. These changes tend to m…
(BPT) - World Salt Awareness Week is being celebrated this year from March 12 to 18 and is the perfect opportunity to recognize all the many benefits of salt. Salt, or sodium chloride, is essential for life. In fact, no mineral is more essential to human survival than sodium because it allow…
(StatePoint) Sometimes the best advice comes from someone whoâ€™s been there, done that. So, if youâ€™re resolving to lose weight, why not consider the wisdom of someone who faced this challenge, and did so with great success?
(StatePoint) While most New Yearâ€™s resolutions are well-intentioned, sometimes they look better on paper than in practice, actually doing more harm than good. Here are five so-called â€œhealthyâ€ resolutions worth giving up in 2018, as well as better solutions.
Click on the photo for the latest stories from the writer.
- Charitable proceeds top $2 million from 2018 American Family Insurance Championship
- Gary D'Amato: LPGA Commissioner Mike Whan says tour will do whatever it takes to keep Thornberry Creek LPGA Classic on the schedule
- Gary D'Amato: A walk down memory lane with Ryan Quinn, the only winner of back-to-back Wisconsin State Amateur titles in the stroke-play era
- Wisconsin's Skip Kendall survives a wild roller-coaster ride to earn exempt status on the 2019 PGA Tour Champions
- Clutch par putt on 72nd hole earns Mequon's Jordan Niebrugge exempt status, at least eight starts on 2019 Web.com Tour
- Looking to nurse Sioux Falls' rise in Northern Sun, La Crosse Aquinas' Annie Balduzzi eager to tee it up for NCAA Division II school
- Iowa Central Community College will give Edgerton's Joe Forsting time, place to continue quest for Division I chance
- Hayward native Gabby Tremblay parlays college-like experience at Shattuck St. Mary's into collegiate opportunity at Creighton
- Family-owned golf courses in Wisconsin forced to look outside family to sustain, extend legacy
- Pembine: Second life for Four Seasons Island Resort generates quite a buzz as part of massive Pine Mountain Ski & GR facelift
- Madison's Andy North eager to team up with Sanford International, host PGA Tour Champions event later this month in South Dakota
- Sayner: 'Sugar bowl' green sunken on 146-yard fourth hole only adds to charm that is historic Plum Lake GC