(StatePoint) No matter who you’re shopping for this holiday season, books can make great gifts. Here are five engaging volumes to consider.
(StatePoint) What’s your favorite song? Are you thinking of it now? How does it make you feel? Music is powerful. It can encourage, inspire, motivate and bring joy. There is even scientific evidence that music can ease anxiety, improve cardiovascular health and contribute to mental acuity.
(StatePoint) It’s time to think about stuffing stockings and fulfilling wish lists. But if you want your holiday gifts for kids to deliver fun long after the holidays, you may want to consider gifts that will help them learn and grow.
(StatePoint) This year, rethink that bottle of wine and instead, give the gift of getting cozy and slowing down to truly enjoy everyday moments. Tap into glowing candlelight, cozy textiles, and celebrating simple pleasures when shopping for friends and family. In other words, give the gift o…
(StatePoint) For young children, social-emotional development is one of the most valuable aspects of school readiness. This holiday season, focus on toys and gifts for preschoolers that will build childrenâ€™s empathy, communication skills and the ability to resolve conflicts and navigate ch…
(StatePoint) Whether youâ€™re shopping for Fatherâ€™s Day or celebrating the accomplishments of a graduating senior, make a point of selecting thoughtful, unforgettable gifts this â€œdads and gradsâ€ season. Here are five ideas to get you started.
Click on the photo for the latest stories from the writer.
- Charitable proceeds top $2 million from 2018 American Family Insurance Championship
- Gary D'Amato: LPGA Commissioner Mike Whan says tour will do whatever it takes to keep Thornberry Creek LPGA Classic on the schedule
- Gary D'Amato: A walk down memory lane with Ryan Quinn, the only winner of back-to-back Wisconsin State Amateur titles in the stroke-play era
- Wisconsin's Skip Kendall survives a wild roller-coaster ride to earn exempt status on the 2019 PGA Tour Champions
- Clutch par putt on 72nd hole earns Mequon's Jordan Niebrugge exempt status, at least eight starts on 2019 Web.com Tour
- Looking to nurse Sioux Falls' rise in Northern Sun, La Crosse Aquinas' Annie Balduzzi eager to tee it up for NCAA Division II school
- Iowa Central Community College will give Edgerton's Joe Forsting time, place to continue quest for Division I chance
- Hayward native Gabby Tremblay parlays college-like experience at Shattuck St. Mary's into collegiate opportunity at Creighton
- Family-owned golf courses in Wisconsin forced to look outside family to sustain, extend legacy
- Pembine: Second life for Four Seasons Island Resort generates quite a buzz as part of massive Pine Mountain Ski & GR facelift
- Madison's Andy North eager to team up with Sanford International, host PGA Tour Champions event later this month in South Dakota
- Sayner: 'Sugar bowl' green sunken on 146-yard fourth hole only adds to charm that is historic Plum Lake GC