The noted golf course designer, whose long partnership with Ken Killian fostered several popular projects in Wisconsin, died Jan. 1 in Chandler, Arizona. He was 86.
Golf Digest magazine names the first of what could be five courses at the massive sand-swept facility south of Wisconsin as the best in its class nationally for 2017.
The first of several layouts at the highly acclaimed golf resort beat out Silo Ridge Field Club, a Tom and Logan Fazio design in Amelia, N.Y., for the top honor.
Bully Pulpit GC, built in 2004, is one of those courses that will leave the first-time player awed by the rugged beauty and amazed that anyone thought to build a golf course in such a place.
The Green Lake jewel lost its general manager to cancer in September, but not before Lueptow completed the on-site restaurant from a hot-dog stand to full-fledged restaurant that has become a magnet for golfers, local residents.
Wausau CC was the toughest course for him to find a way to play and nearly 20 courses have closed in the 30 years it took him to play each one, but John Krueger says there are many courses in Wisconsin that he'd like to visit again.
When he teed off for a round of golf in Fairbanks, Alaska, this month, Neeb had finally reached the goal he had mapped out some 12 years ago — he had played golf in all 50 states.
While there’s no doubt that all of the events surrounding the eclipse will be enjoyable, what better place to view this once-in-a-lifetime-wonder than from a golf course! And throughout Jackson and Williamson counties there are several to choose from.
We caught up with Mike Keiser Jr., who is managing the development, to check in on the project.
When the gaze of the golf world is cast on little Erin, Wisconsin, for this year’s U.S. Open, more than a few Irish eyes will be smiling.
When the urge to savor sunshine and seashells, to dig my toes into sandy beaches and, of course, to play a little golf proved too much to ignore, this Bayfield resident went another direction – 1,500 miles south to other islands, Sanibel and Captiva in southern Florida
Founding members of central Wisconsin's newest golf destination have taken to the first of at least three courses in Mike Keiser's world-class facility. The layout designed by Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw is scheduled to open to the public in 2017.
Dennis McCann is a freelance writer for Killarney Golf Media and Wisconsin.Golf. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
The trail will be a collection of 10 area courses working together to create the Lake Geneva Area Golf Passport, offering discounts and promotions at area facilities.
- Oneida Nation ends sponsorship of Thornberry Creek LPGA Classic; reports indicate course's future could be in limbo
- Talking.Golf (8/19/19): Gary & Rob talk Wisconsin State Open, Club at La Belle, Charlie Danielson & Neil Johnson
- Talking.Golf (8/12/19): Gary & Rob talk Symetra Tour, Dakotas Tour, Woltman Tour, U.S. Am, Wisconsin State Open and so much more
- Superior: The superior choice in the Twin Ports region, 36-hole Nemadji GC has a long legacy of pulling in golfers from far, wide
- Eau Claire: Winds never change at Hurricane — er, Wild — Ridge, but efforts underway to make the challenges more manageable for all golfers ... even me
- Menomonie: There's more to Tanglewood Greens GC than its scorecard might reflect ... before you go and mark it up with big numbers
- St. Germain: At this 19th Hole, the golf course is short, the fun is long and, an hour or so later, you are on your way to your next Hidden Gem
- Land O'Lakes: At sporty Gateway Golf Club on Wisconsin/Michigan state line, everybody can 'drive one into the next state'